This page is inspired by Kastilyong Lapis. This will be a summarized version of my boxing training. =)
- Boxing Workout
- Stretching. This should take about 10 mins.
- Jump rope. To warm up the muscles. Normally, I do 3 rounds. If I am extra hyper, I add 1 or 2 more rounds.
- Hand wrap. This protects the hand from the impact. In my case, I also use foams for added protection.
- Shadow boxing with a pair of metal rod. This improves your form, speed, and foot work. 2 rounds.
- Punching bag. This helps you practice your combination punches so you can throw them smoothly during sparring sessions. You can also practice your ins and outs here since the bag moves like a real person. 2 rounds.
- Punch mitts. This is where you punch on your trainer’s command. Your defenses and counterpunches can be trained here. 3 rounds.
- Speed ball. For speed training. 2 rounds.
- Hanging ball (Two-end ball). For timing and speed. 2 rounds.
- Punching bag. 2 rounds.
- Punch mitts. 3 rounds.
- Speed ball. 2 rounds.
- Wall bag. To improve power. 2 rounds.
- Hanging ball. 2 rounds.
- Punching mitts/Light sparring. 3 rounds.
- Jump rope. Since this is after a high-intensity workout, I can only manage 1 or 2 rounds. The more you can do, the better.
- Abs workout. Incline crunches, double wheel roller, floor exercise.
- Post workout massage. The best part. =)
Boxing 101 Series:
- Boxing 101 – Getting Started
- Boxing 101 – Stance and Basic Punches
- Boxing 101 – Common Beginners’ Mistakes
- Boxing 101 – Things that they don’t teach you inside the boxing gym (in progress)